Saturday 31 January 2015

CAUSATION OF WORLD WARS



On this day the thirteenth day of June, 2013, I stumbled on a book that caught my attention, I was so carried away that my friend whom we went together the bookshop to buy used books, said “did you find dollars inside any of those books?” the title of the book was so captioned that that I decided to find time to read through this book with all the time needed to do so! This book is about the history of the world wars, segregations, and racial abuse in the highest order, the rise of the United States of America, Russia, Germany, China, Britain and the Atomic Eras, Apartheid in South Africa And the Jet Age. It’s about the history of the world since 1914 world wars. This book is written by a man called JOE SCOTT, interestingly I am going to restrict myself to the undiluted content of this book in the very best possible way. Here we go,,,,,, The first question that came to my mind was, why was the world of those days so much heated with flames of wars and disaster? CAUSATION In the words of Joe Scott I quote “ one day a boy came home from school. He tried to creep up to his bedroom without his farther noticing it, but t his didn’t work. The farther noticed him and invited him to the kitchen, ‘John, ‘his father said, I can see why you are creeping upstairs like that, and he questioned, what happened to your trousers? John’s father had seen that his trousers were covered with mud. There was a pause, and then John explain what had happened” in three boxes I am going to dissect the way the young man’s answered his father. Explanation One Explanation Three Explanation Two [Enter Post Title Here] EXPLANATION ONE,’ mud, as I am sure you know, dad is a rather sticky mixture and dirt. My trousers are made from fairly coarse cloth which is very good base for mud and stick on. Also, I am considerably taller than I am wide, which means under certain condition I am unstable and likely to fall. What happened was that I was crossing some mud, which is rather slippery, and thus I was more likely to fall. I fell, and the adhesive qualities of the mud means that some of it stuck to my trousers.’ EXPLANATION TWO,’ I was going through a field and I slipped and I fell into a puddle.’ EXPLANATION THREE,’ I had to stay late at school because I had not done my homework. Because I was late, I thought I should take the short cut over the field. There were some big kids on the field who said they were going to beat me up unless I give them all my money. They were still chasing after me when I tried to jump over a muddy patch but I slipped and fell right into it. They all just laughed at me.’ Adapted from J.H H
exter ‘the history primer’, 1971. Here are my questions going by the young boys answer, 1. Can all three explanations cover the same incident and still be true? 2. If you were the boy’s father which explanation would you think was the best? 3. Which of these explanations do you think is the most scientific? 4. Which of these explanations do you think is a better piece of history?

No comments:

Post a Comment